Dog Hair Yarn
You send us a bag of hair and We will send it back spun, washed, measured and balled.
An estimated turnover time will be determined at the time the fibers are received. Usually less than 60 days for small batches.
Got a dog hair?
We can spin it into YARN for you!
Which could be made into fuzzy keepsakes.
Meet George >>>
- 2 sandwich size zip bags of fluffy
under coat with added wool mix-
so it has better flexiblity
60/40 -60 George /40 wool
- Made 2 balls of Yarn
- Photos are of his spun hair , ball of yarn with a forget me not daisy and the Daisy Headband made from that spun yarn.
FYI's about the hair you collect
1. The soft fluffy undercoat is what you are after. NOT the long top hairs or matted butt hair.
2. NO Cut or shaved hair as it will not make yarn.
3. DO Comb or brush out hair.
4. Save the blobs of hair you find on the carpet !
Meet my beloved "Zaphod" the Akita. I so wish I had made yarn from his hair. Heaven now knows he had lots to share. & That is why I made this page... so others could have their dog friends hair spun into yarn.
Cheers to the doggie friends we get to know !